Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Wow.. I think I spaced off the entire last month of the summer. I haven't blogged in exactly 3 weeks and 3 days.

This is my last week of summer. Soccer starts on Monday, and its gonna be a killer two weeks of practice. Coach emailed us all and said we will be having fitness practice in the mornings, a meeting or lifting in the afternoons, and soccer practice in the evenings at the fields. BY THE WAY, we have NEW fields this year! Ones to call our very own.. I am very excited about this!

At work the past few weeks I have been busy designing. I made posters for the new archery program that is starting here this fall, postcards for last minute financial aid reminders, finished up the orientation materials, made a few newspaper and magazine ads, and lots of other fun stuff. This is my last week of work, which is sad because I will miss the paycheck and actually getting to make finished projects. But alas, I still have one more year of school before I can be let loose into the real world.

Next week will be my last week as an RA. I just hope that when the fall sports kids move in they don't cause a ruckus! I have lots of posters to make for orientation and really need to get started on that. Kelly, the other summer RA, has been busying making posters, so I need to play catch-up.

School starts on August 30.. aka, MY BIRTHDAY. I am okay with it, I just hope with classes and soccer practice I can still find room for a little fun :) I feel so old.. a lot of my friends just turned 21 this summer and I will be 22! But my roommate April turned 22 yesterday, so at least I'm not as old as her!

Tonight I made tatertot hotdish for the few of us still living in the dorms. Kelly had made some for a potluck we had a while back and I wanted to one-up her and show her how it was REALLY done :) So, I worked my magic and it was a hit! No leftovers!

No comments: