Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another track meet today. It had its ups and downs.

I did the hurdles first, which was definitely the down part of the meet. I scraped the entire back of my right leg on the fourth hurdle which messed me up and slowed me down for the rest of the race. And my leg still hurts right now from that huge scratch.

BUT! the day got a little better. I ran the 200 meter dash, which is something I have not done since high school. I tried to remember some times I got back then, but today I ended up getting 30 secs. Its an okay time for me.. nothing special. I think the winner of the race got 26 or 27, so I was really far from that. But it was good to run something different.. and to have a race in between the hurdles and 4x4, because I usually just sit around and do nothing for four hours.

The 4x4 went a lot better this week. We were actually in the competition this time, instead of trailing 50 meters behind. I ran two seconds faster than last week and we didn't get last! I basically sprinted until my legs wanted to give out. The home stretch was terrible because my legs and arms felt like jello and I let the girl I was running with get away from me. But I honestly had nothing left in me.

I think I need to do some more endurance workouts along with my speed workouts.. then maybe I won't feel like collapsing until AFTER my race. :)

No comments: