Sunday, January 18, 2009

First week of school = crazy.

My classes are gonna be pretty hard again, like last semester. I have class at 9 everyday til 3 or 3:30.

For my video class, our first project is a news story. Mine is on the "Teddy Bear Killer." It's about somebody who attacks innocent stuffed animals... its pretty funny. I am going to shoot some of my "Yankton footage" today to use in it. Then tomorrow and Tuesday I am going to video my reporter, expert on the crime, and victim of the crime. I am excited, but also nervous that I'm going to screw something up. Since I am busy with so much else, I am crunched for time. And basically, I have one MAYBE two opportunities to shoot my story.

The first project for my technical design class is a directional poster. Using type and only images we create, we have to express directions from or to MMC from or to someplace. I really need to get that project finished.

Yesterday, I had my first meet of the season for track. The hurdles went well.. I placed approximately 10th. However, the 4x4 did not go so well for me. I ran the slowest split of my life in that relay. I don't know what my problem is, but I need to figure it out fast if we ever want to get close to nationals.

I got a letter today from my friend Lucia. She was a foreign exchange student from Germany. This summer I did a photoshoot with her and she was so photogenic.. she could definitely be a model! In her letter she said that she is saving up her money to come back to the US this summer! I am so excited and I really hope it works out that she can come back.

This week on top of classes and practices, I have pep band too. Only three left though, so I guess I can handle that. Then another track meet at USD on the weekend. Hopefully I can get my act together and get my time down to where it should be.

No comments: