Monday, November 22, 2010

Tomorrow is the first day of Thanksgiving break. I need this break soo bad. I don't have many plans, and I will end up doing some homework, but it will be great to be in a different place for a while.

Yesterday was our band concert. It went really well, and I am still getting compliments on it. I had a few flute solos and I guess I made some good impressions. Sometimes, I wish I could play professional flute in an orchestra. That would be cool.

Yesterday, we also sang at First Presbyterian Church in Sioux Falls for choir. Since some of their church members are singing with us at Vespers (which is next Sunday!), so we returned the favor and sang with them at their Sunday Service. We sang two mixed choir songs and one chamber choir song and I was really surprised and impressed with how well we sang. It made me even more excited for Vespers. For this performance, we went up to Sioux Falls on Saturday afternoon and actually stayed with church members (homestays). It was actually a really cool experience and I really liked my hostmom. We went out to eat at this really cool restaurant called Grille 26 and then we went to her house. I helped her make some puppy chow and then we watched Ratatouille. Even better, I got to sleep in a HUGE bed! She even made us breakfast-puff pancakes with apples, sausage, fresh fruit, and tea :)

It seems like everyone went home tonight for break, or perhaps its just all of my friends besides Gina. I might not even have any classes tomorrow, but I stuck around so I could pick up my brother in Sioux Falls tomorrow afternoon and make the rest of the trip home with him.

No comments: