Thursday, December 9, 2010

This week is the last week of classes before finals week! Most of my last minute stuff was crammed into this week and next week actually won't be too bad.

Next Monday my Advanced Poetry class is having a reading for the chapbooks we made. Chapbooks are just short collections of poetry.. mine has 18 poems. We had to design and produce the books ourselves.. and I am still in the process of printing mine! My chapbook has serious, funny and running themes throughout and is titled "Fate Can Wait" because it was my favorite line from any of my poems and the collection kind of has underlying tones of chance circumstances.

Other final projects and assignments in the works are the graphic design + media arts website created by those of us in the interactive design class. Right now we are in the process of coding the website and I am anxious to see how it all turns out! I also have a take-home test in my lit class, which I also had to do a literary analysis and oral report for, but thankfully that is all over with. For media studies, we had to keep a journal of all the media we came in contact with for five consecutive days and then write an essay about our average media consumption. I found that I use the internet the most, followed by radio/music, tv, movies and magazines and books. For my honors class, we had to give a presentation and my partner Brooke and I did ours on the topic of "H1N1: 1918 and 2009." We basically just showed the similarities and differences between the two influenzas viruses and why there was a cause for alarm in 2009 (because the virus was very similar in structure to the virus of 1918 which kills millions).

Track is in full swing these days and we actually have our first track meet on Saturday. I will be running the 60 meter hurdles and 4x400 relay. I have not done either of these events in a very LONG time, so I am both excited and nervous for them. Because it is just a pre-season meet, we are not expected to run exceptionally well.. the coaches just want to see where we are at fitness-wise. However, I do want to impress them, as well as excel during my senior year!

Since I have not blogged in such a long time I have not yet told of my last Vespers experience. Vespers was on November 29 and we had two performances that night. It went amazingly well! Singing with the orchestra is such a beautiful experience and I honestly cannot believe how beautiful we sounded at each performance! We all sang with such emotion and feeling.. you could really tell the audition was feeling everything right with us. I still sad that it was my Vespers performance, but I can always come back next year and watch!

Next weekend is graduation and I have a few friends graduating, which will be sad :( But I am hoping it prepares me for next semester when I and the rest of my friends graduate! I can't believe how fast this year is going.. I am not ready to say goodbye, but I am ready to start a new chapter of my life! Grad school here I come!

No comments: