Monday, June 22, 2009

I have been very busy working. Last week I worked 35 hours, which is a lot for me. But it was totally worth it to get to the weekend because my boyfriend Isaac came to visit me! He got here on Friday afternoon and we went to see Year One, which wasn't as good as I expected. But I guess that's what you get for a Jack Black movie. Then we went to eat at Bracco's in Okoboji and we got a table on the deck that overlooks the lake and the sun was setting and it was just plain gorgeous. After supper we went to the Arnold's Park emporium and visited my friend Ashley at work and of course, went to the Sugar Shack, aka, the greatest candy store known to man.

On Saturday Isaac and I went to a restaurant called Ben and Lee's. Its a very hip cafe-style place. Then we did a bit of shopping and got the movie Marley and Me, which I had not yet seen. We watched it on Sunday afternoon and it was so sad! But I really liked it.. much more than Year One ;). We also watched Pirates of the Caribbean with my little brother Teague because it is his favorite movie.

Today it is 90 degrees outside with not a cloud in the sky. It would be more enjoyable if it wasn't so humid. I would consider going to the beach if I wasn't working, but alas, I am. My mom took my brother Tyler to register for classes at Augustana today and so I got some stuff to do at home today instead of at the office so I could babysit Teague. I think he is old enough to stay home alone, but my mom thinks otherwise. Anyhoo, I best be ending my break and getting back to typing up lease agreements and such. Joy :)

No comments: