Sunday, June 14, 2009

I spent this weekend at my friend Allie's cabin. It's on Big Spirit in the Iowa lakes area, just north of Okoboji. Its only like 20 miles from my house so I always feel like a local among the tourists during the summer. Its kind of ridiculous how many people vacation there, but its still fun to go to the beach and what not.

I swam in the lake for the first time this summer.. its been so cold and rainy lately that I just haven't had any desire to swim yet. But this weekend it was hot and sunny and gorgeous. I got sunburn on my legs which was a bummer, but no where else so that's a plus. I also went to the Taco House and Hey Good Cookies for the first time this summer.. I feel like I haven't been doing anything this summer! At least now it feels like the fun is beginning.

On Friday I had to work in the Jackson law office. My only job was to answer the phone, so I sat there for five hours reading my magazine and playing solitaire on the computer. They didn't mind, so it was all good. The phone rang only five times in the morning, then there was a two hour period around lunchtime when it did not ring at all. And it rang four times in the afternoon.. but three of the calls were from the wives of the lawyers. It was by far the easiest job I have even gotten paid to do.

No comments: