Thursday, September 3, 2009

Well, in the past week and a half (while I wasn't blogging) a lot happened.

School started. I had my first paper due.. my first quiz.. my first missed class. My first graphic's project is due tomorrow, in sound. Its a "Dance Party USA" themed song. Instead of using the cliched synth and moog and beat box sounds, I went with some worldly tribal beats.. it sounds amazing.

I injured myself in soccer and sat out for nearly a week while I healed. But then I was back just in time for our first game... we won! And I scored!! It was the most glorious goal the world has ever seen. Lauren passed it to me and I was open for the shot. I bet the goalie was stunned, because I sure was. I fell to the ground from the impact, only to jump up and down as my ENTIRE team came running towards me to hug and congratulate me.. it was my first career goal! We ended up winning 3-1, and my goal put us ahead 2-1, so I claim it as the game-winning goal ;)

We have our second game of the season tomorrow and another on Saturday. Its gonna be tiring, but I know we can pull it together. I am so extremely excited for this season, now that I know we can work so well together on the field during a game. We get Sunday off from practice and a bunch of people are going home, since Monday is Labor Day aka no school. I'm not going home, but I am excited for the day off because I finally get to spend some quality time with my boyfriend. We haven't seen much of each other lately, except for lunch and supper, because of crazy school and practice schedules. He made the school's a capella choir again, which this year is named "Smooth Benediction." Also, on another choir-related note, I tried out for chamber choir and made it!

Next week is opening mass and I will be playing flute during the Presentation of Gifts and I am very excited for that. I love playing at church.

Well, now is that dreaded time for homework. I don't have much tonight, which is a nice break from the crazy amount I had last week and earlier this week. Hopefully all the studying pays off :)

No comments: