Sunday, January 24, 2010

This weekend I ran the 1000 meter run at the track meet. It was the first time I ever ran that event and it was quite interesting. I thought it would be similar to running the 800, just with an extra lap, but no. There were two heats and they intermixed the runners, so fast and slow people were together instead of one heat of slow and one heat of fast. Because of this, I struggled with pacing myself. I ran my first lap WAY too fast.. 35 secs. By the fourth lap, I was done.. I ran that one in 49 secs.. it sounds so pathetic, BUT I managed to beat one person. And if I want to look at the bright side, I PR'ed in that event! (Because I had no time to beat since I hadn't run it before!)

I have been doing some winter conditioning workouts for soccer as well as my usual track workout. I lift with the soccer team on Tuesdays and then run my track distance workout afterwards, and on Wednesdays I do my track speed workout and then finish the soccer conditioning workout.

For my first project in Web-Based Motion Graphics, we have to create a character in a world using Flash. My character is a ballerina. Our second project is to animate a character, so I will have my ballerina dance on a stage. I'm getting more excited to learn how to use Flash animation, since most of the animations you see on the internet are made with Flash.

Right now, as I am blogging, I'm watching the Vikings/Saints football game. I am, of course, rooting for the Vikings but this game is very frustrating and intense. I think I need to focus my attention on the TV for now in hopes that my extra concentration helps them out.

No comments: