Sunday, February 7, 2010

February already. And a week into it too. This weekend has gone by so fast. On Friday night, we had a choir party. It had a theme of "5" which was odd at first I'll admit, but the food choices were quite genious. Gina and I brough a trail mix that had five ingredients: M&Ms, gummy bears, pretzels, goldfish crackers, and popcorn. Other people brought multi-grain cheerios (that has five different grains), crackers and dip with five different kinds of crackers, a five-layer chip dip, etc. During the party we watched The Simpson's Movie because there are five family members in the Simpson's family.. clever, eh? After the choir get-together, Isaac, Gina and I watched the Hangover, and then Gina and I decided we wanted to learn Stu's Tiger Song on the piano. We YouTubed a tutorial for it and then went to the music hall to learn it. It was much easier than we thought, and it 0nly took us half an hour to learn! So, since we conquered one song, we moved onto another and learned "Us" by Regina Spektor. That song was even easier to learn and it sounded really cool when we both played it (one high octave and one low).

On Saturday I had my last track meet of the season before the conference meet. I ran the 1000 meter run and ran four seconds faster than the last time I ran it. I also did the 4x400 relay which is something I haven't done it nearly a year. I failed at that tho (ha!) and we got last in that event. Oh well.. I just hope enough people drop out of the 1000 so I can run it at conference! Otherwise, I will probably going as an alternate for the 4x8 and 4x4 relays, which will make for a super boring day.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday! April and I are hosting a party in the lounge and everyone is required to bring good food. April is making nachos, I am making lil smokies, Gina is making white grape/peach punch, and others are bringing muffins, fruit, and other good snacks. Since the Vikings aren't in the game, I really don't care who wins or loses.. April is all for the Colts, so I think I might root for the Saints! ;)

No comments: