Monday, February 15, 2010

This week was homecoming.. and it was super busy.. but super fun!

The festivities started on Sunday with free bowling.. for Gina, April, Isaac and I it was quite an adventure because the lane we were using kept have trouble. First, it kept resetting itself and giving us spares and strikes (which none of us complained about), but then the thing that drops the pins down broke the light on the lane and it shattered everywhere so that had to be cleaned up and then we had to finish the game without a light. But, we finished it.

On Monday we went ice skating. It was only my second time ice skating ever, and at first I struggled.. but then I tightened my laces and it helped so much! Tuesday I had class so I didn't join the fun (laser tag, human bowling, caricatures). On Wednesday I had pep band and watched the basketball games. Thursday was the dodgeball tournament which was super intense because the hardcore teams threw the balls so hard they bounced of people in the audience. So even if you weren't playing, you still had to dodge the balls! After the tournament was a free movie, "The Book of Eli." It was definitely a different movie.. not what I thought it would be..

Friday was coronation. I had to ambassador for that, and afterwards there was a magician/comedian. He was super funny and really interacted with the audience. I loved it when he would show a trick, show how it was done, and then totally blow our minds by taking it to another level. For one trick, he shoved a hankerchief into his fist and it "turned into" an egg. When he showed us how he did it, he had a plastic egg in his hand the whole time and it had a hole in one side that he shoved the hankerchief into. But then right after showing that he cracked the very same egg into a glass and it was real! I don't know how he did it...

On Saturday there was a "tailgate party" and roommate survivor. April went home this weekend so Gina and I did the roommate survivor. The first challenge was a scavenger hunt.. we failed at that to say the least. The second challenge was an egg drop contest and, again, we failed. But the last challenge was trivia and we totally won! However, winning that one challenge didn't help much because we came in 4th place.

The dance was that night and I had alot of fun at that. I wore a pink dress and Isaac wore a red dress shirt in honor of Valentine's day ;) Speaking of, we didn't do a whole lot for the occassion.. we stayed in cuz it was nasty out and made supper together and watched a movie. Most of the day, however, I did homework. Since it was a three-day weekend my teachers thought it was a good idea to load me up with it. I begged to differ.

Today Gina and I went shopping for dresses to wear in Mexico. We were very successful. Only 20 days left until we leave for our cruise! I'm so excited!

No comments: