Friday, June 18, 2010

Another week down. And only two months left of summer vacation! I can't believe soccer starts so soon. There are a few guys staying at the dorms this summer who are working for the National Park Service and they played soccer with me this week. I need to get more touches on the ball.. but I think I am on pretty good track as far as training goes.


Isaac and I aren't going to Colorado anymore for the 4th of July weekend because he has to work. Even though this will save us probably 3oo dollars (in gas money!), I still wanted to roadtrip, go to Colorado for the first time, see the mountains, and visit my aunt and uncle. Oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.. we will have to find some other time for the adventure.


Last weekend was my friend Beth's wedding. The ceremony was.. different. They did a "foot washing ceremony" which pretty much speaks for itself. And there were THREE pastors presiding the ceremony. We didn't stay for the dance because it was almost ten when we left and it hadn't even started yet! We ended up going to the late showing of "Get Him to the Greek" which was hilarious! I definitely recommend seeing it! We stayed at my friend Laura's apartment. We got up early the next morning to go to Isaac's baseball game but it ended up getting rained out, so we got to hang out with Laura a little longer! She showed me the house she is buying, too.. she is growing up so fast! (She graduated from MMC in 2008 and is a math teacher in Iowa, in case you were wondering!)

Yesterday I went to the beach for only the SECOND TIME this summer. Usually I go to the beach MUCH more, but with the consistently rainy days, its hard to find time to go when it actually IS nice out. We were only there for less than an hour, but I still managed to get a little red.. its better than burning to a crisp or not getting ANY color, but I wish I could just tan like normal, non redheaded people do :P

Today Isaac had another baseball game in Vermillion. He pitched the whole 9 innnings and they won! It was the Zips first win of the season and I was so proud of Isaac for playing so well. I know he is excited that he pitched their first and only win ;)

I don't have much on my agenda for the next two weeks, but I will be going home on July 9th for (my best friend from high school) Theresa's wedding. I am a bridesmaid and honestly cannot wait! Its going to be such a fun time! The time between now and then will pretty much consist of working and going to more of Isaac's baseball games. He has one in Dakota Valley so I think I will take the afternoon off from work so we can go shopping in Sioux City.

ALSO, my German-exchange student friend Lucia is coming to the U.S. to visit next week!! Its so exciting because I haven't seen her in two years! I will have to make a very special trip home to hang out with her for a while because who knows when she will travel across the ocean again to visit!

No comments: