Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I have been really busy with work, giving tours and going to Isaac's baseball games. He pitched his team's first win of the season! That was really exciting. His brother pitched their only other win too. Talent must run in the family.. that, or they are really lucky. ;)

This week I was asked to play in the orchestra for the community theatre's production of "My Fair Lady." I missed the first rehearsal yesterday because my flute was locked up in the instrument closet at school, but I retrieved so I can go to the next rehearsal on Thursday. Isaac is also in this play, but he is in the chorus.. so he gets to sing and dance on stage!

Tomorrow Isaac has a baseball game in Dakota Valley, so we are going to go shopping in Sioux city in the afternoon and have lunch with our friend Heidi. I asked her to find a cute little place for us to eat at, so hopefully she comes up with someplace cool!

It seems like all my paychecks are disappearing so fast because of gas, food, wedding gifts, summer fun and everything else I have to pay for! BUT there are still things I need to go shopping for at the mall :)

My friend Theresa's wedding is in less than two weeks! I know she is getting VERY excited, and that makes me so excited! I should really start practicing walking in my high heals.. I'm nervous about walking down the aisle in them! I would probably be the one to break an ankel during the ceremony.. ;) I am excited to get my hair done and just be a part of the festivities. Some of my friends and I are thinking about going to Red Rock on that Sunday. Its this really cool water hole with a waterfall and gorgeous scenery. The point of going would be to jump off the rock, which is probably 50 or 60 feet high. I have been to Red Rock and done this before, so I will have to be the expert instructor when we go :) It should be fun!

This weekend was my friend Jordan's birthday and he came to Yankton to celebrate. My friend Kelly also came this weekend to help celebrate, which was nice because she lives in Omaha now. We are planning a get-together with Gina for the end of July and will go to the Omaha Zoo!

The mosquitoes are horrible here right now. I think I counted almost two dozen bites
on just my left foot after this weekend! I hope I don't get west nile, because apparently its
going around the area.

I am running a 5K roadrace on the 3rd in Crofton. It will be my first one since August last summer! I am excited to see how I will do and hopefully I can win my age division! I don't know what else I will do over the holiday weekend.. but all I care about is that its a long weekend and I can do nothing and still be satsified :)

No comments: