Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I get my first paycheck of the summer this week.. I can't wait! Don't worry, I'm not going on a huge spending spree.. my savings account just looks so empty right now, so it will be nice to actually have something in there!

Last Friday I left work early to hang out with Gina who came up for a few days. We went to the beach (first time this year!), Dairy Dock (raspberry sherbet!), and then treked out to Dell Rapids to see our friend Briana. She was having a nice little get-together. She grilled burgers and veges and her mom made an awesome homemade ice cream cake. A bunch of people from school showed up, which made it even better.

My brother Tyler was here in town all last week. He needed a place to stay before he headed out to Montana for the summer, so Isaac's place was his pick. He left on Sunday afternoon and made it to Flathead Lutheran Camp yesterday afternoon. He made multiple pits stops along the way, to see and stay with friends, including his roommate who lives in Montana. He is going to be a camp leader/counselor/etc etc there. He said they have a different age group come and stay each week so it will be a new experience each time. He is excited for hiking in the mountains and camping.. he bought lots of gear for it all: hiking boots, a rain coat, a sleeping bag, a pocket knife.. I think he is set!

This Friday (two days from now) Isaac, Gina and I are going to a Motion City Soundtrack concert in Omaha. Its pretty cheap and I think its at a small venue, so it should be a really good show! I always prefer the small shows to the huge ones. We are going to stay at our friend Kelly's apartment in Omaha.. she just moved in and wants to play hostess! On Saturday we are all coming back to Yankton to celebrate Gina's birthday. Should be a fun weekend.

As for work, my three jobs have been keeping busy. Being an RA in the summer is pretty stress-free, which is nice. I have been giving a couple tours a week for ADMIT, and at college relations I have done everything from press releases to designing freshman orientation materials to reading the newspaper to find MMC articles. Ahh.. all in a day's work.

No comments: