Friday, April 17, 2009

So I guess I have really been slacking on blogging... guess that means I've been busy and should have a lot to tell ;)

Last week on Thursday I had a track meet and I ran the 800.. something I have only done twice in my life.. once on a 4x8 relay in high school and once in indoor last year. But I didn't do too bad.. ran a 2:41.. but I had no idea how to pace myself and was able to sprint hard for the last 100 meters, so I guess I didn't go hard enough for the first 700 meters! I guess now if I do it again, I will know how to pace myself better and hopefully get down to 2:35 or better. Tomorrow I am running the 1500.. I've never ran that far in a track meet before.. I'm so used to doing 100 meter and 400 meter races!

This week I only had two days of classes because we had Monday off for Easter break and we were on choir tour on Wednesday and Thursday. Tour was a blast... we sang at five high schools in South Dakota and stayed over night in Madison. A friend of mine goes to Dakota State, so she stopped by the hotel to say hi on her study break.

Tonight was our "home from tour" concert. The jazz band also played on tour with us and played at the concert as well.. it was so much fun.

No comments: