Sunday, May 17, 2009

It has been quite some time since I last blogged and a lot has happened since then.

Finals week flew by.. I ended up getting a 4.0 once again this semester, which makes it 4 in a row. It was kind of unexpected though, because I thought for sure I was going to get a B in critical thinking.. but I guess I earned and deserved that A.

Once I got home, I applied for a few jobs and had an interview at the county newspaper, but unfortunately I still have not heard back from them. I am getting very impatient and am in dire need of a job since I am not working at the restaurant I did last summer.. so I wish they would hurry up and call me with their decision!

I also spent the week making two scrapbooks for my brother's graduation.. one for letter awards/academic awards/concert programs/etc and another for newspaper clippings. I also helped my youngest brother with his state report. He research Nevada and did a report on it along with a display board. All the 4th graders had them on display at the State Fair last week.. they were all so excited and proud.

Tonight was my other brother's choir concert. This was the only concert he was ever in because he just joined choir during the 4th quarter of his senior year. At the end of the concert, the director gave a 5 minute thank you to him explaining how he played the drums for swing choir, acted/sang in the musical, sang a solo at the choir contest and received a superior rating, and then joined choir. I also went to his band concert at the beginning of the week and he received the Louis Armstrong Jazz Award. He is an amazing sax player. I'm really proud of him.

Hopefully this week I can find a job and get hired. I am craving a shopping trip but need to earn the money first! Other than that, this week should be a lot less busy.

No comments: