Saturday, May 2, 2009

This week is going to be crazy. I have five finals Tuesday through Thursday.

Today was my last track meet of the season and it was held here in Yankton. I wasn't a conference champ but I sure felt like it because I PR'd in the 4x800... I ran my leg in 2:36. It was 11 seconds faster than last week and 5 seconds faster than my previous fastest time. I was really really excited about it... and still am!

Tomorrow is the spring sports banquet, so I get to go for track. They hand out awards and whatnot.. but I'm not sure if I will get any. Last year I won "Female Newcomer of the Year," but since I'm no longer a "newcomer" I don't know what award I could possibly win. Especially since my indoor season was basically my sophomore slump season.

I don't have any finals on Monday, which is really lucky. But on Tuesday I have my Art Appreciation final exam and my Technical Design project is due. My critical thinking paper is due on Wednesday, but I have it done already so I will probably turn it in on Monday. And on Thursday, I have my Literature of the Holocaust exam and my Video project is due.

I am staying at school until Saturday because I am going to video tape baccalaureate and graduation with the other graphics majors. I get paid for both of them, which is a plus, and I get to hang out with my boyfriend before I have to leave him for the summer.

As for a summer job, I am being considered for a writing position at my hometown newspaper, which I am super excited about. It would only be part-time, but I will definitely be happy with that.

No comments: