Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Last week seemed to go by surprisingly fast.. and the same goes for this week. Summer's end is coming on quite fast now. As much as I am ready to be done with the summer job and get back into the groove of college, I don't want to leave my friends here and I am definitely not ready for classes to start! I only have one month left of summer, as soccer practice starts August 16th and classes start the 24th.

Last week I had a girl's night out with some friends. We got dressed up and went out to eat, then watched a movie at Allie's house. It was good to see them all again, since we haven't had a good night out in a while. I think the last time we had all hung out was when we stayed at the cabin for the weekend.

On Thursday I went with my friend Sarah to see our friend Laura who lives and works in Estherville. She cooked us supper and then we played Wii. It stormed for a long time while we were there which delayed us coming home. There was hail, strong winds and even a tornado touched down! On our way home the roads were flooded but thankfully we were able to still drive on them. In the dark of the night, we could see thousands of fireflies in the ditches.. it was such an amazing sight! It was like the fields were sparking! I had never seen so many fireflies at one time.

On Saturday night there was a Beatles cover band playing in Arnold's Park, so my mom brought Teague and I there to listen and I met up with some friends too. It was funny to see my mom rock out at concert but was awesome that she knew all the songs!

Today I am supposed to be working from home, but I took Teague to the beach to look for rocks! My newest hobby is making necklaces from rocks.. I'm hooked on it!

No comments: