Thursday, July 30, 2009

Only two weeks left of summer break.. well, 16 days.. but who's counting? :P

Yes, yes, I am counting. But only because I honestly cannot wait to go back to school. I get there a week before everyone because of soccer. The past two years we have had two weeks of two-a-days, but this year we only get one.. it's kind of discouraging because I love all the extra practicing. It really makes me feel ready for the season. I guess we will have plenty of practice though before our first game, since it isn't until September 1.

Yesterday I went to the eye doctor and found out my eyes are getting even worse. The last time I went, in December, only my left eye changed.. this time, both did. Oh well, at this rate I'll be blind in no time!

When I got done with the eye doctor my friend Jolene called me and asked if I wanted to go to Sioux Falls for a Mayday Parade concert with her and our friend Casey.. it was so spur of the moment. We got to the venue, bought our tickets, and got in line. The first guy that played was Evan something-something.. at first I thought he was too fruity for my taste, but he was pretty charismatic and had a few good songs. To our surprise, the next band was Mitchell Musso.. yes, from Hannah Montana.. it was so ridiculous! And the strangest part was that he sang a song that we knew.. but we knew it by a different person. At least we were able to sing along! Then it was Mayday Parade. They were so good. Metro Station played last because apparently they were the headliners.. I thought Mayday was/should have been. Anyways, Metro wasn't as good as Mayday. But it was still a dance-worthy show and definitely worth the 20 bucks.

This weekend I have to work at the county fair... I just sit at the gate and sell parking passes.. easiest job ever! And on Sunday I'm going to Warped Tour! I'm so excited.. there are a bunch of bands there this year that I haven't seen live so its going to make it all the better!

No comments: