Thursday, October 8, 2009

It's October! And as I said in my last post, the cold is here! We went from summer to winter so fast that I think I missed fall. The trees haven't even all changed colors yet and the weatherman is forecasting snow for this weekend. Yuck is about the only word I can say to that.

So, on to more positive matters. We only have seven soccer games left in this season! It's going by so fast this year! We haven't won any more games, unfortunately, BUT we do always put up a fight. It's too bad that we let some of those goals get in because we don't ever play like the scores say we do. On Tuesday we played a night game in the freezing cold against Morningside. The final score was 5-2, but if you take away the two goals that were scored during the first minutes of both halves, thats only 3-2! Such a close match and I really wish we could have won our first conference game.

School is going alright. I hate it when I have to miss class for soccer games. We learn so much in my 3-hour motion graphics class and I have had to miss it a few times, which puts me WAY behind everyone else. Our next project is a 15-second tv channel bump/identification. I can't decide what channel to do! There are so many options... Food Network, Comedy Central, TV Land, Disney Channel... hopefully I can think of something unique!

My next project in sound is a 30-second radio ad. I think I am going to do mine on the Dairy Dock. It's a cute little ice cream shop/restaurant in town and they are closing for the season THIS WEEKEND. I will have to go to get my last Dairy Dock fix until spring and also get some ideas for my ad ;)

In choir I have been working hard on learning and memorizing my music. We are being quizzed on it in two weeks and I am getting nervous. There are so many songs to know and so many high notes to hit! I am going to have to practice outside of class to make sure I am prepared.

This weekend is a three-day weekend because it is Native American Day on Monday. I am so ready for this long weekend. Although I will have homework to do, I think I will try hard to get it all done in one day so I can relax the rest of the weekend.

No comments: