Thursday, November 5, 2009

Soccer season is over and it is kind of a relief. I was getting frustrated by the end and now I have alot less stress in my life. Maybe its just because I have more time on my hands. Actually, that's probably it.

Today we had gorgeous weather. It was in the 60s and six of us soccer girls went for a run. It felt so good! I hope there is more weather like this for when I'm training for track. Speaking of training for track, practices start on Monday! Coach says he wants to work me harder this year than last year so I can get down to at least a 2:30 in the 800. And there are a lot of good freshman this year so I will have plenty of girls to train with. I really hope I can do well at the 800 this year. Its a new event for me and since I struggled so bad with hurdles last year, I really need a confidence boost.

For our next sound project we have to either do a research paper/presentation on a specific genre of music or do one of the projects that we already did. We have to know by tomorrow what we want to do and I still can't decide. If I did the project, I would do another 30 second radio ad because the one I previously did was not the best. But if I did the presentation, I would do some sort of indie/folk genre of music or alternative/pop-punk/rock. I just don't know what I want to do.

Next weekend is Blue and Gold Days Family Weekend. On Saturday, prospective students will be on campus and I have to give tours for Admit. I also have to play pep band at the basketball games and sing a Vespers preview for choir. And then on Sunday, my friend Theresa and I are playing a flute duet at the family mass.

Thanksgiving Break is less than three weeks away and I can't wait for a break. This weekend I am going to visit my brother at Augustana in Sioux Falls, so that will be a nice little break from school until Turkey day comes.

No comments: