Friday, May 21, 2010

This week was my first week of work. I'm working at the college relations office, which is where I do work study during the school year. I think its actually considered an internship, which is great. I had to learn how to log and close jobs and do bills, but besides that my job is pretty much the same as before. I have been working on putting together Paddlefish, I did a ton of press releases, and today I worked on designing the cover for the new student planners.

Isaac had a baseball game on Wednesday in Vermillion. He is playing for Alcester, which is pretty far from Yankton, considering he played for Wynot last year, but he wanted to play on his old team and with his brother, so I guess if it makes him happy... :) They were leading until the 7th inning when Alcester seemed to fall apart and ended up loosing 8 to 5. It was only an exhibition game, though, so it doesn't count towards their season. Isaac pitched a few innings and I always love watching him at the mound :)

Speaking of baseball, MMC's team did amazingly this year. They actually set a new school record for most wins in a season and made it to the national tournament! Their run at the tournament ended today though. BUT, they can't be disappointed because they won all the conference honors and were the first MMC baseball team in history to make it to the national tournament. They have a lot to be proud of!

Last weekend I went to all the garage sales in the City Wide Rummage sales. I got up really early Thursday and went to probably 20 garage sales. I ended up hitting the jackpot at one of the first ones where I found a TON of jewelry. I spent 7 bucks on 10 necklaces, 10 pairs of earrings and two bracelets.. the basis of a whole new beading summer! I also picked up a ton of yarn because my summer goal is to 1) learn to crochet, 2) crochet often enough to be decent at it, and 3) be good enough to crochet a flower scarf, pair of very delicate earrings, and a cardigan. (All of which I have found photos of and instructions for online.)

After tonight I only have one week left of my summer art class. So far, I have painted one painting with oil pastels (of the rocks and water at Cozumel), painted a series of three pictures with watercolors (of little flowered porcelain teacups in the art room), an oil painting of the bluffs and reflection of the sun on the water down by the dam (Dave took us on a little field trip down there to paint one day), and I also painted some plain wooden beads I got from a garage sale. I don't know what I am going to paint next, but hopefully I can think of something tonight so I can work on it all next week.

No comments: