Sunday, December 21, 2008

Boredom is the word to describe the majority of my break so far. All of my friends didn't have finals until this week so they are home now, but all week I had no one to hang out with. And my brothers both had school still so I was home alone for the most part.

I went gift shopping with my dad one day tho, which was fun. We went to this new coffee shop/cafe and I think it would be awesome to work there. So definitely this summer I am going to apply there. And many other places because I am sick of the job I have now. So far I was supposed to work four days and I have only worked one because the restaurant closed due to the bad weather on the other days.

And speaking of bad weather, today is really really cold and windy. The past couple days it blizzarded (is that a word?) and now we have soo much snow. The drifts come up to our porch but I think we actually have about a foot and a half. The wind chill is ridiculously cold.. I think the news said -30.

I guess my boredom lead me to be kind of productive. I made at least ten different kinds of christmas cookies this week. And we are still baking more today. I found an awesome cookie cook book at my house and I am so excited to try some of them. I'm gonna get so fat from all the cookies. Good thing I'm working out. Yesterdat I did 2.5 miles of speed work on the treadmill and did 17 mins of abs and core. I wish I had the motivation to workout like that everyday, but I just get so lazy and would just rather lay on the couch and watch a movie. I wish it would warm up so I could run outside. But I don't think I will be that lucky.

This week I went to see my youngest brother's holiday program at school and then that night he was in the Christmas pageant at church. He was a wiseman. Tomorrow night is my other brother's band concert, so I will get to go see that as well.

I think we are finishing our Christmas shopping on Wednesday, so that's cutting it close. I think my dad should be home that day too (he is a trucker), which is exciting. On Saturday, we are going to my grandma's house for Christmas with all my aunts, uncles, and cousins so I am also excited for that.

I sure hope this New Year is good. I've been waiting for a while for it.

No comments: